Wednesday 10 April 2013

Side Quest 002: {"Shingeki no Kyojin" aka Attack of the Titans} Recommend Anime to the Internets - In Progress

Shingeki no Kyojin

FIRST EPISODE OUT. WATCHED IT. FKINGAWESOMESAUCE.
This is not from the first episode

Okay, maybe I'm just a little hyped up about this Anime, or just easily amazed. Here I was thinking Bakuman and Zetusen no Tempest were going to be the best anime of the year for me, although they probably are for their genres. 

But this new Anime for this season came out of nowhere (for me at least).
At first I thought this was going to be a generic action Anime with flashy effects and stuff BUT I was fortunately mistaken and drove me to a sensation similar to what I felt when I watched the Berserk Anime series (not the movies), they have very similar sort of themes and the art style looked to be influenced by Berserk itself.

Not only this but the Director, Araki Tetsurou directed Death Note, Guilty Crown and Highschool of the Dead some of my favourite Anime of all time. In addition Kyoji Asano, the Character Designer of Shingeki no Kyojin, worked on Guilty Crown, Psycho-Pass and Sengoku Basara.

The Anime also reminded me of Lost Planet, How?
Not the snow. But groups of people working cooperatively in order to take down beings of greater scale despite their size. Also they have grapple-hook-winch thingies.

Whether or not you read any of this, is not the point, what I'm trying to say is..

WATCH IT NOW.
http://www.cyber12.com/page-Shingeki_no_Kyojin.html - Download and Donate! (Has a few ads that aren't too annoying)

No comments:

Post a Comment