Saturday 1 June 2013

Side Quest 003: {Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom} Gather Ideas and Inspiration from Anime - In Progress

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

I just finished watching this anime, I just couldn't stop watching it, I even gave up sleep just to watch it (I like to watch anime late at night, especially if it's a dark theme).

But I should tell you what the anime is about. To be honest, it's quite difficult to explain without spoiling the anime, even the description, so I'll just explain from what you'll learn from the Anime.
This isn't some badass Anime where assassins just kill everything (this is a Seinen Anime not a typical shounen), it has deeper meaning, I guess it's rediscovery of oneself. Rediscovery? Yes, the main character loses his memories of the past and is turned to an assassin.


But in this Anime, the main character not only attempts to rediscover himself, but also we learn in a surprisingly realistic way of what the life of a assassin would look like. Not only that, but due to many various events, you could expect anything to happen.


This Anime made me feel a whole bunch of emotions, happy, sad, angry, confused. I guess this is why I like Seinen Anime, they have more mature stories which creates many emotions, and is not bounded by typical Anime norms.

Recommendation

This Anime reminded me a lot of Gungrave and Darker than Black, and are similar in many ways. Although it is unique to other Anime of this type.

Ideas and Inspiration

This is another Anime which I could reference to for a deeper meaningful story and of one way of how assassins come to be. I also haven't seen many games that showed how the learnt how to use a gun, and they're just simply born with it. Also since I'm planning on having masked people in a future game I'm planning it helps a lot more.

I give it a personal bias 10/10, the Anime itself I probably give it a 9/10 due to some unexplained stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment